- Published: 2005
- Pages: 448
- Series: World of the Five Gods #3
- Source: Library eBook
This is more of a standalone book in the same world as two other series. It's set about a hundred years before the Penric series which is a hundred years before the Chalion duology. I first read it in 2005, and it was the first book I read that takes place in this world. I remembered it not at all until close to the end when a feeling of familiarity popped up.
Once I found her more recent Penric novellas, which I have very much enjoyed, I wanted to go back and reread the earlier three books. I re-read the Chalion duology in September of last year and very much understand why they are award nominees/winners. I love Bujold's writing - her worldbuilding, her characters, her turns of phrase.
This is a good book, but I did not find it quite as compelling as the others in the world of the Five Gods. I recommend starting somewhere else in this very loosely connected series.
fantasy, politics, slow-paced, reread
No comments:
Post a Comment