- Published: 2021
- Pages: 544 (17h 38m)
- Series: The Chronicles of Elantra #16
- Source: Library Audiobook
I find this very, very long and slow-paced series oddly satisfying for the most part. I like the world-building, the characters (and it's very much character driven), and the narrator of the audiobooks. But, I will also say that there is a *lot* of conversation in proportion to what actually happens in the books. And the endless dialog proportion increases as this series continues. I think I keep reading these now, just because I'm invested in the characters. They've also become a bit formulaic. Lots of talk, Kaylin gets in minor trouble, lots of talk, Kaylin gets in serious life-threatening trouble, more talk, and Kaylin manages to fumble her way out of trouble. Then more talk to wrap things up. I haven't lost interest yet - we'll see what happens in the next book.
fantasy, epic, magic, battle-against-evil, dragons-etc
No comments:
Post a Comment