Thursday, November 25, 2021

🕮 Fury of a Demon by Brian Naslund

 

  • Published: 2021
  • Pages: 464
  • Series: The Dragons of Terra #3
  • Source: Library Book
The final in the Dragons of Terra trilogy. This debut fantasy series took a very steampunk turn along the way. The villains are over the top nasty and things get very grimdark. You definitely know who to root for, but even the likeable characters have their flaws. Naslund does break up the grimness with small spots of humor and warmth, thankfully. One of the strengths of the series is definitely the worldbuilding. 

I'd call the series a pretty solid debut effort. I enjoyed it, but somewhere between the first book coming out and this one I've become less in the mood for high body counts and gruesome viciousness. Also, I think the only thing that kept this under 500 pages was the font size - it would have been more comfortable to read this in eBook format. 

No comments:

Post a Comment