Thursday, February 24, 2022

🕮 King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo

 

Published: 2019

Pages: 527

Series: King of Scars Duology #1

Source: Kindle Unlimited eBook

I kind of run hot and cold on Bardugo. On the one hand I really liked Six of Crows - good caper plot with interesting characters. On the other hand I really did not dig Shadow and Bone - it set up an interesting world but omg the angst. It was a good thing I had read both of them though, because this book had characters from both and it was easier to slide into the world knowing a little bit about them. Although, since I hadn't actually finished the other two series there were major spoilers because this one takes place after. Anyway - I'd rank this one closer to Six of Crows than Shadow and Bone. I'll probably read the second book. 

fantasy, youngadult, grishaverse

No comments:

Post a Comment